‘Enjoy Your Life’ Retreat by Changlin Fashi
Information on Registration
- Shaw College, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- The Office of the Arts Administrator, The Chinese University of Hong Kong
- Pause & Breathe
Funder: The D.H. Chen Foundation
Feeling physically and mentally exhausted from your busy life, you can spend a relaxing weekend in the camp hosted by Ven. Changlin. It includes eating, drinking tea, sleeping, listening to music, watching movies, doing yoga, etc and you can apply the experience in your daily life afterwards.
You are welcome to join this Retreat, regardless of your religious background. The quota is limited to 40 persons. Please reading the following notes and register as soon as possible.
Notes for registration
- Registration deadline: 11 Dec 2022 (Sun)
- Retreat Period: 7 to 8 Jan 2023 (Sat to Sun)
- Venue: Heritage Lodge, Jao Tsung-I Academy
- Targets: CUHK Undergraduates and Postgraduates, Staff and Alumni (Priority is given to students of Shaw College and Friends of the Arts)
- Quota: 40 persons
- Language: Cantonese (translation of Putonghua or English may be provided)
- Students of Shaw College $280
- Undergraduates of Friends of the Arts $280
- Other CU undergraduates $560**
- CU postgraduates, staff & alumni $2,240**
**Required to pay full fee $2,800 to confirm the enrollment, eligible for subsidy refund upon completion of programme with 100% attendance.
- Residence: Heritage Lodge, Jao Tsung-I Academy (twin room)
- Meals: Vegetarian meals will be provided
- Enquiries: Ms. Ada Tsui, Shaw College (email@example.com | 3943 1549)
Pandemic prevention measures
Participants are required to comply with the following epidemic prevention measures:
- Participants are required to complete COVID-19 testing within 24 hours before the start of the Retreat (rapid test is acceptable), submit the proof of negative result and complete the online health declaration form.
- Participants MUST meet the requirements of "Vaccine Pass" scheme and “LeaveHomeSafe” mobile application. Before entering the Heritage Lodge, participants are required to present the vaccination record (copy or original) to verify that they have met the requirements.
Details about the Retreat
- Reporting time:
- The arrival time will be from 8:30am to 8:45am on 7 Jan 2023. Late arrival will result in the withdrawal from the Retreat. Please reserve enough time for travel.
- The Retreat will end at 5pm on 8 Jan 2023.
- Regulations during the Retreat:
- Please don’t bring valuables with you. Mobile phone or other electronic devices will be kept by the organisers and return to you at the end of the Retreat.
- Observe silence: participants are not allowed to talk over the phone, read books and magazines, use computers or other electronic devices.
- Participants shall not report late, leave early or go out of the campsite during the Retreat.
- Smoking, drinking wine and having non-vegetarian meals are prohibited.
- The use of alarm clock or watch is not permitted to avoid disturbing others.
- Please wear mask, take daily body temperature, keep social distancing and personal hygiene.
- Please follow the instructions from the organisers.
- Clothing and personal belongings:
- Please bring a 3.5 mm long headphone plug.
- Please bring your cup with lid and toiletries (toothpaste, towel, shower gel, shampoo, etc.)
- Pillow, bed sheet and mattress will be provided for each room.
- Please bring sufficient clothes.
- Please bring your utensils for meal (spoon, fork or chopstick).
- You may bring some vegetarian snacks and brewed drinks.
- Please wear plain-colored shirts and loose trousers. The material is preferably cotton or linen to avoid making noise when rubbing.
- Please wear light flat shoes, canvas shoes or sneakers. You are required to take off your shoes after entering the activity venue, and wear plain socks during meditation.
- You may bring your own towel for knees wrapping during meditation.
- If necessary, please prepare mosquito repellent, sunscreen and personal medication.
- Please bring your own bag for carrying the towel and personal items.
- After registration and payment, the programme fee will not be refunded except under special circumstances.
- If you have special physical/mental conditions, you are advised to seek medical advice to confirm that your health is suitable for participation.
Online Application (closed after 11 Dec 2022)
- Shaw College and Friends of the Arts Undergraduates:
Other CUHK people (Non-Shaw College Undergraduates, Postgraduates, CUHK Alumni, CUHK Staff ) :