Caring Heart Community Service Project Scheme was launched in 2008, with aims to provide students with opportunities to care and serve the needy in society and enhance their understanding of the community. All service projects are planned and implemented by the students and subsidized by the College.
- Applicants may submit the application in team basis, consisting of 2-10 full-time undergraduate students of CUHK (at least half of the members must be Shaw students^)
- Team comprising of local and non-local students, from different disciplines, are encouraged to facilitate mutual exchange and learning.
^If the total number of team members is an odd number, it will be calculated based on the rounding principle (e.g. if the total number of team members is 5, at least 3 members must be Shaw students).
2. Subsidy & Award
- Each successful team of selected students will receive a subsidy of no more than HK$25,000 (for local service projects) or HK$50,000 (for service projects in Asia).
- Each organizing committee member of project teams who has successfully completed their service projects will be presented a certificate as recognition.
- The Gold, Silver and Bronze Awards of “Outstanding Service Project” will be offered to teams with outstanding performance. The cash prize will be HK$10,000 for Gold Award, HK$6,000 for Silver Award and HK$4,000 for Bronze Award, and to be equally shared among team members.
Ms. Yan YIP / Ms. Zoe LAM
Tel: 3943 1549 / 3943 7369
Email: email@example.com / firstname.lastname@example.org